Before analyzing the multiple benefits of integrating mobile applications into today's business, let's take a quick look at the global marketplace.
According to recent statistics, smartphone users around the world are more than 3.9 billion. At the same time the world's population reaches 7.6 billion. Ericsson's forecast in November 2016 states that the number of smartphone users will almost double in 2022 to reach 6.8 billion.
The use of smartphones changed radically in 2008 when the first mobile applications were launched. The global market is definitely convinced of the range of possibilities as well as the benefits that a mobile application can offer in a business sector. Research indicates that in 2022 mobile app downloads will reach 284 billion worldwide.
The commercial value that a mobile app can offer is indisputable. More and more businesses, regardless of industry and size, invest in products or services through mobile development to meet not only their consumer but also their corporate needs. The main reasons are mentioned below.
1. MAXIMIZE PRODUCTIVITY AND REVENUE
Enterprise mobile applications simplify internal operations such as sales, distribution e.t.c., reducing operating costs. Simultaneously, business applications offer a better working experience to employees by converting complex office tasks into easy and flexible processes. In general, enterprise mobile applications create a benefitial environment for the employer, the employees and finally for the customer. The results of the above mentioned are the following:
- Productivity increase
- Increase of the rate of return on the investment of an enterprise mobile application (ROI)
- Revenue increase
2. A POWERFUL BRANDING TOOL
According to a recent survey, global users of social media via mobile applications reach 2.56 billion. A business can offer its potential customers easy access to its commercial mobile application through direct log ins. By browsing the mobile application, the user experiences a complete and enjoyable shopping procedure, which gradually strengthens the branding of the business. However, a mobile app can also be a powerful marketing tool through promotions, SMS, push notifications, mobile campaigns and more.
3. GREATER CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT AND LOYALTY
The main objective of each business is to approach the potential customers in order to increase loyalty. Since nowadays, mobile devices are the main communication channel, companies are able to have a full digital presence. Through the mobile development, a company can offer an uninterrupted platform experience that combines a range of handy tools.
- Browsing smart mobile applications enables the consumer to easily and promptly process procedures that would otherwise be time-consuming (such as ordering, payment, support, e.t.c.).
- The business can engage with its customers at anytime. Through push notifications, the consumer is informed of any company actions (e.g. offers, discounts, etc.) even without having access to the internet (off-line module). In addition to generic pop-up alerts, there are also personalized notifications that help the business to form the user's profile. In this way, the customer is informed directly about the products or services of his interest. As a result, he is positively predisposed to making a purchase.
4. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
The use of mobile applications allows the company to collect reliable data of high-quality. This kind of data, often referred to as "Big Data," includes valuable information that the company can decode and use, through the development of the right tools, for its Business Intelligence. By developing the right data analysis tools, the company strengthens its position against the competition as it can gather information that might have been impossible otherwise. Consequently, via mobile apps, the business can understand its customers needs as well as their consuming habits.
To summarize, the core of the modern technological burst is the mobile development. So, every business must follow the latest technology trends in order to have a competitive advantage over its competitors and reach the contemporary consumer.
"Mobile is no longer the future, it is the present."